Covering and concealing your skin imperfections have become old. Today there isa various treatment that can help you get back to your clear and youthful skin. Sun spots that are caused as a result of the fun in the sun. Sun spots include freckles, age spots, sun damage, etc. that can be treated by laser treatment. There are many treatment options available for sun spots.
The Plastic Surgery Center gives an insight of the laser treatment. The laser light gets absorbed by the dark spots. The treatment takes approximately 30 minutes. The laser treatment lights get absorbed,and they simply peel off after a few days.
Different treatment for sun spots
- Medications: Bleaching creams or a sun screen helps you to fight the sun spots. The spots gradually fade with continuous use of sunscreen containing SPF.
- Laser treatment: Laser treatment is one of the most effective treatments for sun spots. The laser heat destroys the melanin-producing It requires normally 2 to 3 sessions for effective results. The spots fade over a period of time after the treatment. Protection of skin from the sun is necessary after laser treatment.
- Chemical peel: It is done by applying an acid to the dark spots. Acid burns the outer layer of skin. These burned skin then peels off and new skin forms in its place. Sun protection is necessary after treatment.
Types of laser treatment
- Ablative laser resurfacing: It destroys the skin by heating the skin. The damaged skin than peels off. It is a highly effective method for removingsun spots.
- Fractional laser rejuvenation: It has a quicker recovery time than the ablative approach. It improves the age spots and generates new cells in the skin. It involves a low risk with effective results.
- Photodynamic therapy: The doctor applies the skin sensitizing solution on the skin. After 30 minutes they use the laser in the affected area.
- Intense pulsed light: It is not a laser therapy rather a light therapy. It improves skin tone and texture. It does not harm the skin. Hence, no recovery time is needed.